Friday, May 11, 2007

Lost

Well, you take about a week off from the soap opera and come back to find not much has changed. The train is still chuggling along on it's inevitable course with destiny and I get the sense that like me, people care less and less.

Casey chimes in a stupid troll post about what poor, dear little Galina thinks of him. What surprises me about this, maybe it's from a bit of a break, is the amount of sympathy Galina still receives from the audience.

We know Casey is bound for more failure, once a scammer always a scammer, but there's still some sympathy (now i didn't read through all the comments this time as my attention span grows shorter with this one.)

I think if there's hate left in this story it's for Trampolina. Casey is a buffoon, he's trying to hold out and make some money on the remnants of the fame that this situation has brought him. A pretty little girl like her could get a decent paying job as a receptionist, get some skills and have some opportunities open up for her. Oh yeah, she's in her 7th year of 2 year AA degree, don't think she'll get up off her ass to pull a 9-5'er. Which is good for Casey, as I learned with my sister who didn't have much focus, she just did the receptionist thing got to office manager and found a salesman who frequented the office to marry her. Good thing she's cut from the same lazy cloth as Casey.

This is my first international media exposure. Being international is good
Yes Casey, you're right up there with Richard Gere these days.

Earlier, Casey mentions about how he's "learning" about arbitrage and how much sense it makes to him on his road to passive income.

Lately I’ve been learning about arbitrage and how I can take advantage of it / apply it as an individual investor.

For example…. say I borrow 100K at 12% interest and reinvest it at 36%. That’s a sweet 2% monthly spread! So on a 100K I’d be making $2,000/month. Do that with half a million and you’re making $10,000 per month. Enough to retire on.

Oh this is just too absurd to even warrant a response.

I really enjoyed the ABC show Lost the first season. It was different, mysterious and had one of the hottest chicks on tv. Well, as the ratings falter the fans are frustrated because they realize the show really can't go anywhere and where it does will be disappointing. Nothing big is going to be revealed on the show as in Casey's saga. He's desperately holding out hope for something big to really present itself to him, but he's about 4 months too late to save himself with an easy out.

Casey might still end up facing charges or civil suits, both of which I wouldn't shed a tear about, but months from now, I suspect none of us will be here to see the end game.

11 comments:

JohnDiddler said...

I earn about $2k/yr through arbitrage and my numbers don't look like his numbers. At all.

Akubi said...

For the most part he’s been trolling for the sake of juicing all of the sweet deals to be found in IAFF advertising and continued W2 avoidance, but at least he provided us with a new bizarre Casey quote this week:

And I don’t even like cats (at least not the one that live here with us… it belong to my sister-in-law… Galina seems to find a little too much comfort in petting it… which make me a little jealous, if that makes any sense.)

He’s been repeating the same old crap so frequently lately, I’ve been questioning who his guest/ghost writer might be, but that one struck me as something only Casey could come up with.

Akubi said...

BTW, as far as G is concerned I see her as Dick Cheney and KC as George W. Bush.

Lou Minatti said...

"Nothing big is going to be revealed on the show"

Huh? The first 6 episodes of this season sucked ass, but for the past 10 weeks it's been a rocketship. If you aren't watching you're missing out.

I am talking about Lost, not Casey.

Akubi said...

Never watched Lost and don't care to. Commercial television is boring and stupid as hell.

Akubi said...

P.S. She clearly could not hold a baby duck (like Steph) in her sorry excuse for boobs.

Nigel's Guest Blogger said...

Akubi! Are you saying Evangeline is not hot?! How do I ban someone from a blog?! My sad old eyes think she's just the bee's knees.

Lou, I will give it a shot when the season is done and pick up the season on dvd via netflix. It might be time to invest in a DVR soon, I found I do enjoy watching TV more by not watching it an episode at a time.

I discovered FX's The Shield one weekend through Netflix and was hooked. I think some of the cable networks are finally producing shows that rival or exceed the quality on the Big 4. Nerd Alert: having grown up as a member of the Star Wars generation I remeber Battlestar Galactica fondly, I didn't watch the new version of it until recently and found the quality of the story surprising.

Nigel's Guest Blogger said...

John D,

Complete ignorance here, but doesn't arbitrage take a massive amount of discipline to do successfully? My (years old) knowledge of it seems to be that it's really doing a good deal of research to find plays where there's a slight advantage on one side or another. Don't arbitrage...umm.. players, typically work with opportunities with relatively small spreads to make their money? Apologies if this knowledge is on Nigel's level.

Nigel's Guest Blogger said...

Last point, I do wish Trampolina would get a receptionist job. She'd find some older sales dude looking for a hot little trophy wife to take care of. If she ever did get a job, I would give their marriage less than a year until she found someone who could "take care of her" like she wants. That credit card debt didn't all come from Casey, they're both leeches.

flailing forward said...

NGB, before you get your hopes up too high on the receptionist position, let's examine her resume:

Galina Serin

Position desired: prone on the couch in front of TV

Education: Associate degree in Accounting from a reputable West Sac community college, started in 2003, 60% successful

Relevant Skills: Following directions pretty well, making jello desserts, making cats poop

Work Experience:
5/07 - House Cleaner, Russian Uncles Inc.
4/06 - 5/06 Clipboard Holder, CaseyCorp Lender Fleecing Services
3/06 - 4/06 Occasional Good Work Doer, SerinCo Loss Magnification Services

Awards: Voted most likely to take the Christmas tree out in February at her high school graduation


Her prospects don't look so good.

segfault said...

KC probably thinks that "arbitrage" is borrowing money at 12% through his sham corporation, and lending it out to high-risk borrowers at 36%, just like Cashcall. This doesn't fit the definition of arbitrage, and, in a blindingly obvious omission, he neglected to account for the uncollectible accounts--of course, if he's selecting the borrowers, I'm sure they're all "sure things."

I like Lost, but was disappointed to hear that they plan on doing three more seasons. They have made very little substantive progress towards revealing What's Really Going On with the Others, although there has been plenty of drama otherwise. Basically, I think they could have done the entire series in three seasons rather than six. They're dragging it out too long. It's not "The Sopranos."