Saturday, May 5, 2007

Tip O' the Hat, Wag O' the Finger

Tip O' the Hat:

Serinity Now! Excellent post on Serintology to be read at -Insert Clever Title Here-



Wag Of The Finger:

Nigel Swaby, while he's apparently testing content for the Foreclosure Avoiders site, posted a verbose post on how not to make Mortgage Mistakes, which is here.

Using the excellent new Nigel Swaby Word-O-Meter found at Foreclosure Avoiders Ruined My Life, we find that Nigel uses an astounding 913 words (not including title) to basically say very little.

It was one of Nigel's most boring reads ever without any real substance (I was shocked too). Apparently Nigel has been spanked so much on his lack of Economic knowledge that he's going to try to just through random "math-like" content in his posts in the hopes that someone will think there's substance there.



After reading the post that Nigel cited, I can sum it up I think in 2 bullet points:

  • You're an idiot if you don't read/research what you're about to sign
  • Don't trust mortgage brokers
See, now you have the rest of the day to enjoy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at your ability to read an entire Swaby post without vomiting. In comparison to Nigel, Casey is an award winning writer.

Nigel's Guest Blogger said...

Well, to be honest, I just "pararead" it... it was so pointless it really was just a bit of a blur.

Akubi said...

I’m in day one of “A Serenitics Life” and it seems I have a knack for “Serinactivity”! The less I do, the more I want to nap. It is so awesome to feel empowered in the process! Stephanie J has distilled the key juices from Casey’s philosophy in an easy-to-follow manner.
Before I continue my napping regime maybe I should think about looking into adding SWEET stuff like the Nigel Swaby Word-O-Meter to my award-winning blog...
Once Casey restored the Pool Maintenance in Foreclosure post last night I truly realized “its all good" and time to practice some serious Serinetics.

Anonymous said...

Wow... now if that post doesnt win an award for "Best Blog Ever Written Entirely By Nigel's Tallywagger" then i've lost all faith in this world.

Miranda Mayer said...

I've discovered the best way to process Nigel's posts is to not read them at all. You actually come out *more* enlightened that way, somehow.

Anonymous said...

Just posted this to Casey in regards to "Galina Serin enough" comment:

You will find that these were the best times once you look back as you sit in Jail for the Fraud you and your wife committed.

You and or Galina are going to squeal like there is no tomorrow as the prosecution gives you the option to turn the other in.

The question is, will you or Galina be the first to make a deal with the prosecutors?

My money is on you Casey given your history. Unless Galina catches on and runs to the FBI first.

Sweet.